Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 5: Too-good-to-be-true flourless peanut butter cookies pg 244

I need to warn you.

These cookies are the bombheezy. 

They are like, wow, really good. I'm actually pretty sure that these are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever  had, glutenous or not. The bad thing is that they are so so so easy to make. You only need three ingredients and these little treasures bake up in no time. So at all times, you are about 30 minutes away from having 2 dozen delicious homemade, gluten free peanut butter cookies. 

This is dangerous. Very. 

I will entrust you with this recipe with caution. We are all going to have to exert a little bit of self control from now on, ok?


Flourless peanut butter cookies pg 244 ( 2 dozen)

1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
Optional: 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips.

1. preheat the oven to 350 F. beat the brown sugar  peanut butter and egg in a medium bowl with a mixer (if you so please... It pleased me not, so I did it with the sweat of my brow.. metaphorically speaking)
2. Shape this doughy goodness into 24 little 1 1/2 inch balls 

place them two inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten down the dough with a fork. 

Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until set. Let the cookies sit for about 3 minutes on the cookie sheet because they solidify a bit as they cool.  You can also drizzle chocolate on top of them. I didn't but it does sound gooooood.

These. Cookies. Are. So. Good. 

I've also made these with different types of peanut butters, like one time i made these with dark chocolate peanut butter. I can't describe to you the party that went on in my mouth.

 I made them at a friend's house and they were devoured by a house of gluten eaters and there were raving compliments from cookie connoisseurs on the amazingness of these cookies. Try them. You will not regret it. I give these cookies 10 yummy stars out of 10. Ahhh yeahh.







1 comment:

  1. New favorite over here I'm sure! I want to try them with almond butter!

    ReplyDelete