Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 6: gluten free waffles pg 28

So... I'm sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days :)

My best friend (whom I have been away from all semester) is leaving next Sunday on a mission trip all summer so I've been spending quality time with her. Forgive me, I beg you! I haven't stopped cooking, I just haven't posted.

But anyway, I had a special helper while making these, Glory! Yay! She was great!


Gluten free waffles, pg 28 (makes about 12 square waffles, 6 Belgian waffles)



2 eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup gluten-free All-purpose flour blend
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter, melted

Butter and syrup, to lather up your delicious waffles!

1. preheat the waffle maker ( Laura's life wisdom learned from making this blog: DO NOT pour your batter into a waffle maker when it is not hot :) You will end up with a mess that you cannot clean up!)
2. Beat eggs in large bowl until light and fluffy. Whisk in yogurt and milk.
3, Combine flour blend, sugar baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Gradually whisk in yogurt mixture into flour mixture to make smooth batter, mix in melted butter
5. Add batter to waffle iron by SCANT 1/3 cup fulls ( if using square waffle maker) . bake until browned or until your waffle makers says they are done :) Serve warm with butter and syrup. Freeze any that aren't eaten. Enjoy!


These are yumm yumm! I could tell i made them with rice flour, but still good good good! I give them a 8 out of ten yummy stars. It might have also had to do with my great kitchen helper Glory! isn't she cute? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment