Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 8: Mexican tortillas stack ups pg 188

So you guys get two posts today! Yay!

I've been on a Mexican food kick lately.. that's why A lot of the recipes I'm gonna post in the next couple of days are Mexican :-) I hope you guys enjoy these.

Mexican tortillas stack ups pg 188 (makes about 6 servings)

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (15 oz) black beans drained and rinsed ( I made mine from scratch)
They may not look like much, but they are good!
1 can of diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz)
1 cup frozen corn
1 (1 1/4 oz) gluten free taco seasoning mix (Taco Bell's seasoning is NOT gluten free)
6 ( 6-inch) corn tortillas
2 cups (8 oz) taco flavored shredded cheese
1 cup water (Idk why, this was a weird part of the recipe
sliced olives (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish  with nonstick cooking spray
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat . Add onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until tender.

Add beans, tomatoes, corn and taco seasoning mix. Bring it to a boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low. simmer for 5 mins.

3.Place 2 tortillas side by side in prepared dish. Top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with one third of cheese.

 repeat layers twice, creating 2 tortilla stacks each 3 high.
Now the directions say to pour water all around, but I don't know why... The water just made the tortillas all weird.. I would just skip this step. or maybe put like a 1/4 cup.

4. cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 to 35 mins or until they are heated through. top with black olives.







These were gooood. I like these. This is a recipe that I am making again. Next time I would maybe not add the whole package of taco seasoning since it was a tad salty, but still delicious. Not hard to make and kinda fun actually. I give it 8 out of 10 yummy stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment